Monday, September 1, 2008

Restarting Project You - Day 1 Week 1

I gained 6lbs while on vacation but am not beating myself about it. I've enjoyed my vacation and now it's time to get myself back into gear. I won't be taking a picture until next Sunday because I don't feel I would do myself some justice by doing this lol. I feel bloated, time of the month is coming up and it's making me look well-rounded while I know I am not usually... darn women hormones!

I have decided to restart Project You for a few reasons:
  1. I don't feel like I put my all into it when I first started it
  2. I haven't exercised at all while on vacation
  3. The diet Kathy suggested made me lack energy, so less motivation to actually do the workout...more about that later
  4. I think this program can be great if I put all my energy into it and with this new found energy, I am ready to pounce onto it
I already did my first workout this AM. Despite this being a stats holiday, I got up at my usual time to exercise so I can get back into routine. I did Foundation and Lower Body and I did put all my energy into it. How soon do you ever get out of shape! My arms were killing me with simple moves. My legs.. well, let's just say I have been working them non-stop while on vacation with walking 4-5 hours day in and day out. So not surprising I can still keep up with lower body workout lol.
Okay, so about Kathy's diet...it's basically a Low-Carb diet similar to Atkins. Now don't get me wrong, I tried but I simply can't do it with this lack of energy. I found my form suffered while working out, my motivation to actually complete it suffered and my overall mood was negative. I know this type of diet can work for certain people, but it seriously won't for me. I need some type of carb...carbs are NOT evil, they are necessary to provide energy to the body/muscles and I found that since Kathy's die lacked of carbs, I was not able to focus as well on my workouts.
I shopped around for a good diet that incorporated Carbs and found Denise Austin's Eat Carbs, Lose Weight. I enjoy the concept of this diet and overall, I think this will be great for me to stick with. In the Calorie-range I am looking to be with, this diet is perfect to complement my exercising routine and healthy eating habits.
This week, my meal plan consists of the following:

Breakfast:
1 Breakfast Burrito (1/2cup tomato/avocado salsa, 1 egg, 2tbsp refried beans on a flour tortilla) (290calories)
1/2 grapefruit (53 calories)

Snack 1:
1 pear ( 62 calories)

Lunch:
1 1/4 cup Homemade Gazpacho (130 calories)
1/4 cup Homemade Hummus (87 calories)
1 cheese string (49 calories)
11 baby carrots ( 35 calories)

Snack 2:
1 chocolate pudding (170)

Dinner:
3oz broiled tenderloin pork (168 calories)
1 cup steamed turnip (16 calories)
2 tsp light margarine (35 calories)
1 Baked Spinach-Stuffed Potato (1 potato topped with ricotta, parmesan and spinach) (200 calories)

Total of 1295 calories and must I add TASTY calories! yum!

No comments: