Saturday, July 26, 2008

Week 5 Day 6

Weighed in this morning and lost an additional 0.2lbs. This puts me at 214.3lbs. Any loss is a good loss when it come to the battle of the bulge. Tomorrow is Before and After picture update. Not sure if the change will be all that noticeable from last week to this week but I'll still take a newer one. I am not exercising this morning yet again because of the hamstring problems but I think I'll be fine by Monday and pick up from where I left off. Catherine referred to me as "athletic" yesterday. I never really thought that about myself and she explained to me that since I am intensely exercising day in and day out, that I do fit in that category. That feels nice to hear that though I know I don't look anything close to someone I would consider in athletic shape...I guess that will come sometime soon. :)
Went to the movies last night to see Stepbrothers and I did not have any food to eat there.. I actually didn't find they looked appetizing at all...Alex was eating his poutine beside me and the girl beside me was having a bucket of popcorn and I thought they both smelled disgusting and greasy. I guess my way of eating has really changed for the good! I really don't see any point in eating junk. Speaking of which, since I am an executive administrative assistant, there is ALWAYS junk food on my desk. I have to admit I was once the person who fed the junk to the group but I have long since stopped as I realized i was sabotaging my previous results (when I shop, I get stuff I like...so it's hard to resist my junk). Now some other people in my office picked up the habit and bring in stuff for the group. One of my directors has the same tastes as me so you can imagine how hard it is for me to refuse to eat this junk but I do. I refuse. It sits there, everybody digs in, I watch and I don't ever dig in. I know all it takes is one chip, one chocolate or whatever to get me started and I don't want the snowball effect to gain on me. I did so much progress in 5 weeks that I refuse to sabotage it by having one piece of junk food and snowball it from there (chips are my absolute enemy...I buy Rice Cake minis instead and appreciate the treat). I haven't had a craving for junk food since I started Slim in 6. I think that is really fantastic!

This week's meal plan was:

Breakfast:
1/2 cup Weetabix cereal,
1 protein shake (1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder, 1 cup berries, 1 cup milk

Snack 1:
1 cup celery sticks,
2 tbsp peanut butter
Lunch:
I cup vegetarian chili,
1/2 cup carrots,
1/2 cup berries
Snack 2:
1 white cheddar rice cake (I love white cheddar!!!)
Supper:
1 slice vegetarian pizza (Ristorante)
1 cup mixed salad greens
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup cucumber
Salad Dressing Spritzer (1o shots)
I'll let you know what I am having for Week 6 tomorrow :)
Today, I am going to my parents' house. I am bringing my food with me so I don't deviate from the amount of calories I am allowed per day. Especially since I am not exercising due to my hamstring problems, I really need to keep a close eye on what I do end up eating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah going to the movies is hard, I still have my popcorn but don't add butter to it. I usually only go to movies on my cardio days as I can usually justify the extra weight watcher points that day. :) I was at the movies too last night and saw X-Files.

It is strange when you are working out and eating healthy you don't get the same cravings anymore and when you do they are seldom. I try to find substitutes though for cravings for things like chocolate or chips to get by. Cheers!