Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 5 of Recovery

I reached a total of 24lbs lost before the wedding! Formidable!! I don't know if I'll gain some today given I am started to eat again (Fasting is over!!) but I will know not to get discouraged if it goes up a little. I consider all the dancing I'll do tonight to be the exercise today. I think 24lbs is a superb accomplishment in just a little over 6 weeks time. Had you asked me in mid-June if I thought I could lose this much the answer would have been no, but I sure as hell would try my best. Living proof that when you put your all into it, results, fantastic at that, happen :)
Yesterday, I heard Alex arrive and I just stood up to greet him and because I wanted to tell him something (I'm in the class of people that I must see someone and look them in the eye while I speak). Anyways, you might be thinking what this has to do with losing weight, well, the first thing Alex told me without waiting for me to say anything was, "Lyane, you look great!" Now that made me special, and pretty. The funniest part was that I was in my ratty old PJs but apparently they fall at just the right places now and it just stood out to him all the progress I have made! :) I felt like a million dollars :)
I'm about to leave soon... 20 minutes, to grab a bus to go get my hair and makeup done. My mum changed the location of where I was to meet her yesterday so now I have to leave a little earlier to get there on time. She was wondering why we had originally chosen the other location but I guess she didn't realize it was because it's much closer to where I live. Since she drives, then I'll abide by whatever she prefers. I'll go lie down before I leave because I can' t imagine lasting a whole day like this if I don't take any naps...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on reaching your weight loss goal!